THE HUTONG - EDUCATION DEPARTMENT, FREELANCE PROGRAM LEADER
The Hutong has an eclectic and passionate team running a wide variety of programs in
Beijing and across China. Our goals are to provide student groups with exceptional
experiences, and ensure that students and teachers alike experience the community,
culture, and excitement that China can offer. The Education Department designs
customized programs that take education groups beyond the sites to engage with their
surroundings, explore China, and develop their personal worldview.
What We’re Looking For
The Hutong Education Team has grown significantly in 2015 and is looking to maintain a
strong team of freelance Program Leaders who will be responsible for leading
international student groups to different regions of the PRC. This position and the
individuals that fill it make up the core of our program execution team. We are looking
for team members with a passion for education and who are eager to share their
perspective and expertise on China with educational groups of every age.
What You’ll Do
• Lead idea generation and program development in concert with the Education
Department that are customized to each client school’s specifications
• Manage communications with the lead teacher of each program on all matters
concerning program execution
• Coordinate content used in each program’s written materials
• Facilitate programs as the visible expert in charge of programming and group
• Manage and support the positive dynamics of a multinational team on the road with
• Coordinate the submission of all relevant follow-up documents including budget
reports, program notes, inventory use, photo compilations, etc.
• Represent and embody the fun, inclusive, and passionate reputation that The
Hutong staff are known for
What We Want To Accomplish
• Provide consistently high quality and innovative educational experiences for
international student groups
• Develop a professional team of freelance staff who are excited to be The Hutong
Education Program Leaders and are inspired to leave their own imprint on The
• Encourage students to be creative, curious, and think critically through attending
The Hutong’s programs and interacting with The Hutong staff
The Hutong Education compensates Program Leaders with industry-competitive wages
based on an individual’s relevant work experience. More details regarding compensation
will be provided upon application.
Go to thehutong.com/find-out-more-education/ to learn more about our work. Then contact
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé and a brief cover letter
introducing yourself, and telling us why you’d be a great addition to The Hutong team.